Thursday, December 30, 2010

This One's for you, Mom!!


This post is entirely about my mom. She quietly works behind the scenes in this family, always wanting my brother & I to be happy. She never wants to be a burden! She's also busy working behind the scenes at charity events in her area, making things look absolutely beautiful, and once again, wanting everyone to be happy. It makes her happy to make people happy! That's one reason why she helps friends and family decorate their homes for Christmas.So, I as I'm typing I'm thinking about all the things that my mom has taught me. Here it goes...

#1....She taught me how to cook
My mom is an awesome cook! She can decorate cakes, make things without a recipe and improvise like nobody's business. I was sorting my recipe box the other day, and boy did she give me alot of recipes! I've become a better cook over the years (just ask Trey) and I'm not afraid to improvise!

#2....She taught me how to sew.
Yes, for those of you who didn't know me in my younger days, I could sew a stitch or two. Not that I LIKED it by any means, right mom!! My mom is an amazing seamstress. She can make anything with or without a pattern and can merge several patterns into something beautiful. In fact, she once told me that she had a dream about an outfit that I needed to sew for 4-H. It placed at State!!!

#3....My mom has the patience of Job!
I don't know how or why, but she does! I think that comes from raising my brother. Surely, not me as I'm the golden child and practically perfect in every way. Oh wait....that's Mary Poppins! Back to Job, er Mom. When I was frantic, she was calm, when I was angry, she was rational, when I am upset she is comforting. Definitely a virtue!Nana with the cutest baby in the world, my nephew Lawson


#4....Mom taught me to go for it!
No matter what the obstacle in front of me or the experience available, Mom always, always encouraged me and EXPECTED me to go for it! Whether school events, 4-H competitions, scholarships or starting grad school, my mom was and always will be my biggest cheerleader!

#5...Mom taught me how to stuff a dishwasher!
I think that is self explanatory, but definitely a skill that every mom strives to succeed at.

#6....My mom has got STYLE!
I hate to shop, but I don't mind going if I go with my mom. She can pick out the cutest outfits and find the best deals. She can come to my closet and make something old look new. On the occasion that I do this on my own, I'm shocked and amazed and must tell her immediately! I'm learning!

#7...My mom taught me how to be a mom!
There is no bigger or better job in the world than being a mom. And I had one of the best examples to learn from! I especially need to work on that Job patience thing!

#8...The MOST important....My mom taught me about Jesus!!
It was her love of the Lord that introduced me to Sunday School, VBS and exploring my purpose as a child of God. She is still learning and searching and striving to be a servant of the Lord and I'm inspired by her devotion!
So yeah, that's my Mom. She doesn't like to take pictures (I don't know WHY...she's gorgeous!) so these are the few I have saved on my computer. I guess I've learned one other side thing....take more pictures of Mom and don't listen to her tell me no!

I love you mom!!

Signed,
Your adoring, loving, perfect daughter
=)




P.S. Dad, there's a post coming about you, so don't worry!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet dedication to your mom. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. And I believe every word! Your mom is too sweet. I started blogging too, but I don't update too often. thewintersfamilyof4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete