Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Christmas has almost come and gone for the boys this year. We made a big day of it on the 25th with Santa, Trey's family and then Trey's extended family. My family Christmas is this weekend at my brother's in Dallas. We may have to drive 5 1/2 hours, but it is possible we may see snow this weekend!!! That would be so exciting for the boys. The last time we saw snow was the Christmas Snow Miracle in 2004. Walker was only 7 months old and was sick with a bad cold. But it was beautiful! I'll never forget Weston, who was only 4, standing in thigh-high snow crying and blubbering "I can't feel my legs!" The boys got a four wheeler that year and it was so awesome riding it all over the place in snow! Wow!!!


Christmas morning tradition....a picture before the mess.
Look how bright-eyed they are!

Okay~~~back to the present. And speaking of presents....the boys got lots of great gifts this year. Here is a recap:

Mac.......skinning knife, lots of clothes, iTunes, A&M cap, speakers for his ipod, archery stuff, and money, boots


Weston......pocket knife, lots of clothes, a Fox cap, BB gun target, iTunes, money, Underarmor hoodie, boots
Walker....video games, nerf gun target, boots, money, clothes, remote control truck, toy 4-wheeler and iTunes


Traditions are big in our family. Every Christmas break, the boys and I bake and decorate sugar cookies for Santa and lots of other yummy sweets (fondant and fudge and apple pie for Trey). We also go to Christmas Eve services at church and look forward to singing Silent Night by candle light. The boys also get new Christmas pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve

Walker telling my Dad what he got from Santa
Aren't his pj's cute!




That sure is some red frosting!!!



Weston had a very hard time falling asleep this year. Last time I checked it was after 1 a.m. and he was still awake!!! I just kept shaking my head and reminding him "Santa can't come if you are still awake, and Santa is getting very TIRED ya know. He has lots of presents to deliver and you are getting him off schedule." He finally got settled, but was in my bed at 6:26! Talk about anxious! We made him stay in bed with us until about 7:30.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the weekend with my family and celebrating the season together. I am, however, sick of eating!!!! Got my New Year's resolution ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment