Monday, November 23, 2009

Family

A very scary situation has happened to my dear sweet friend and her family. I won't go into detail about it here, but they can use your prayers for a full recovery and strength to get back to a regular happy healthy life. Everything that they have been going through has really shook me. How would I handle something like this? Would I be able to do it with as much strength and grace as she has? How would my kids handle it? How would my husband deal? If there is anything she has taught me it is that life is precious. I know I knew that, but when something devastating hits so near and dear, you really do take a step back and focus on what is really important. My family is awesome. I mean that more that the word describes. Nothing compares to them, nothing replaces them and nothing is more important. Forget name brand clothes, fancy cars and the newest, latest greatest whatever. Family and true friends are irreplaceable and never, ever go out of style. I need every single one of them!

Speaking of family.....two weekends ago was the annual Family Fall Gathering in Utopia. We truly descend upon the entire 12 room bed and breakfast and then some! It is a relaxing weekend of kids, food, card games, kids, food, music, kids, food and talking not to mention kids and food! This year there were 38 Hedgpeth members with only 3 missing. Next year Lynde, Chad and Vivine!!!! I love listening to my uncles, aunts, cousins and my brother sing good old country songs. I like to join in occasionally, too. Trey and Mac like playing poker with my cousins and Weston and Walker enjoy playing with cousins their age. Enjoy the pics

Weston, Brette and Gracie


Walker re-discovered his DS.


The nightly card game inside.


The nightly sing fest outside.


Below are my two FAVORITE pictures from the weekend.


This is my uncle Don and his
youngest grandchild, Clayton.
I love this picture because it sums up how the two of them
spent the weekend. Clayton loves his grandpaw.
I think the feeling is very mutual.


The picture below is hilarious!
Mac.......you never know what
he will do next!!!!





My nephew, Bo, just had his third birthday. He is toooo cute! I love his scratchy voice and his energy. Wow, that boy and go, go, go! I also like how he thinks my boys are hilarious. He has the greatest laugh!

Now Bo was a gun toting cowboy....


Weston took these pictures at Bo's house.
I wish the towers
weren't in the background, but I think he did an
excellent job of capturing a beautiful sunset.


Only one more day of school. This year I am extremely thankful for my 4 boys. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving. "Be thankful with a grateful heart".

No comments:

Post a Comment