Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving recap...

I have so much to be thankful for; a wonderful family, good health, great kids and a loving husband. I am also thankful for my parents and my grandmothers. They help in any way they can. I also give thanks for my little brother and his family. I am so proud of him! I also love my Wimberly family! This year I am very grateful for my sweet, dear friend Michelle. I am so thankful for a friend like Michelle. She is genuine and honest, caring and gracious. I can't remember when our friendship started because it feels like we have been friends forever! I am so grateful to God for this life he has given me to live and praise Him for every moment!

Marvelous Michelle & I at Times Square in New York City last October.


So this year for Thanksgiving my parents and Mary came to our Wimberly Ranchette for lunch. We ate well on ham, dressing, green bean casserole, German potatoes, fruit salad and garlic bread. Mac requested that Mary bring her scrumptious pumpkin roll for dessert and I made a pecan pie. We were the stuffed turkeys this year!!!

We watched the Aggies play a great game against t.u. We came close, but we'll have to wait til next year to beat 'em. During the game, my mom and the boys and I started decorating our fresh Christmas tree. Mac and I do the lights and mom, Weston and Walker are in charge of decorations. My tree has colored lights (not like most trees these days) a deer antler and turkey feather topper, and this year a leopard print bordered tree skirt. From the top down it is decorated for everyone in our family. I love the ornaments! Many of them the boys made or they represent something special like trips we have taken. My favorites are the ones that my mom gives each boy every year. This year Mac got a football, Weston got a fishing Santa and Walker got a Santa rockin' the microphone (very appropriate). As you can see below it looked great!

As I stood back and admired our work, I noticed that it seemed to be leaning. We all decided that it was just the way the tree was made. No need to worry. WRONG!!! 20 minutes later....CRASH!!!! The tree is on the floor, water and all. I was speechless. And then.....I was M-A-D. I know it was ridiculous for being angry, but I couldn't help it. This had never happened to me before. I didn't know what to do so I just got mad! Turns out the tree stand and the tree weren't a good match. So we decorated my mantle and went to bed. UGH!




The next morning Trey & Mac bought a new tree stand, and then my mom re-decorated the tree. She did a great job, but it does look a little scrunched. She and I did suffer a bit of PTTD (post traumatic tree disorder), but I think we'll survive.


During my mom's visit she and the boys made a gingerbread Christmas tree. I've never done this before, but the boys and mom did a really great job. They want to eat it, but I keep talking them out of it.



Now......my house is completely decorated for Christmas. Trey & the boys put the lights on the house today. This is the earliest I've been decorated for the holidays. Now I just need to shop!
Here are some pictures of my decor.

This is one of about 25 nativity scenes I have. This is one of my favorites. It was given to me about 5 years ago by my secret Santa at school. The 3 pieces on the right were given to me last year by Michelle. I am taking it to school to put on my desk.


I really like this area in my dining room.
Now that we removed the wallpaper and painted,
everything looks sooooo much nicer.

I bought these Christmas plates at Market Days last year.

Above my kitchen cabinets.


My kitchen window. I also have a Santa collection.


This is nativity stays out all year. It is by far my ultimate favorite.
Trey got it for me at a silent auction. It is a Willow Tree.


My SIL Leanna taught me this trick. Use napkins for window
valences. Inexpensive and so quick to change out for seasonal decorating.


Sign above my bar area. This area in my kitchen has really changed. Below in the
background you can see there used to be a cabinet there. It hung too low
and made conversation difficult and cut off the living room from the kitchen.


Now you can see that it is gone! I love it! It really opened everything up.
The rooms flow together so much better. I really didn't lose any
storage. Remember that garage sale this summer?
I got rid of so much unnecessary stuff.


Trey is cooking supper!



That's it for now. Lots to show you and more to come!!!!


4 comments:

  1. I love all your decorations. I need deco help big-time!
    The pic of the boys is a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you have a great decorating style..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder where I get that from MOM!!! You should see the "Tickled Pink" tree in our office I school. It would make you proud. AND I've been plugging your decorating services, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a good kid (ahem) grown woman. And you are my favorite daughter. lol :)

    ReplyDelete