Sunday, May 2, 2010

Brave Boy

Today was our end of year 4-H party. The kids wanted to celebrate at the lake, so that's what we did. Several families brought their boats, and the kids enjoyed tubing, knee boarding, swimming in the lake and looking for shells. Walker rode in the boat for a while and then swam with friends. I watched from the banks. Before I knew it, he was in the boat and Kyleigh was asking if Walker could go tubing with her. Ummmm.......really? He wants to do that? Walker????? I better go, too. I don't know who took my scaredy cat child. This is a different child. He doesn't even like swimming lessons. But he SURE does LIKE to tube in the huge lake!!! After his first ride, Kevin, the boat owner and friend, asked Walker if he liked it. His response, "IT WAS AWESOME"
Here are the pictures to prove it. Oh....and he got to "drive" the boat too! Thanks, Kyleigh and Kevin and Alex!







And this is a funny picture of Wes from the Relay for Life. The high school team had face painting all night long. Every kid in the Weesatche 4-H club painted their faces, arms, legs....fingers. This was a popular look. Too funny, but I like his clean shaven baby face cheeks better.

2 comments:

  1. Walker on a tube in the middle of the lake??? Walker???? I am amazed and proud.
    nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to respond to the comment you left on my anniversary blog post. That is so hilarious what Trey says about how long yall have been married. 15! Wow!

    ReplyDelete