Sunday, May 16, 2010

Finally

Yes, finally! Saturday was the culmination of 4 1/2 years of hard work, dedication, sacrifice and prayers. Graduation Day!!! Even though bad weather caused a delay and change of location, I walked that stage. It felt so good to officially be done. I was also surprised to be honored as the Outstanding Graduate Student for the spring semester in the Department of Education & Human Development. This was voted on by the faculty. What an honor! Friday evening Trey and I enjoyed a reception for all outstanding student honorees at the university President's home. What a great way to end my graduate work.

Saturday night we hosted a joint birthday/graduation party for Walker and I. Graduation was over by 6:00, exactly when the party started. In true form, I showed up late to my own party. What else is new!! Ha! It was a great party. Everyone seemed to have a great time, and that's what I enjoyed the most.

Thank you, thank you thank you Michelle for helping me decorate. The hall looked so beautiful and I couldn't have done it without you!!! You're always there!!! You are one of my biggest cheerleaders!!

Mom, thanks for everything. You are the hostess with the mostest and the best mom in the world. You make everything happen!!!

Thank you to my brother, sister in laws and in-laws for helping before and during the party. Your hard work helped the party move smoothly and make it fun for everyone.

Thanks, Dad and Mary for the great music and taking pictures. I have special memories to look at and cherish always!!

Debbie, thanks for going back to school with me. It was such a good feeling to know I could start this journey with you, and we could help each other whenever we needed it. Doing this together was a real blessing!

Finally thank you friends and family for cheering me on to get this done. Trey, the boys and Mirna sacrificed alot to allow me to get my master's degree. When I started this journey Walker had just turned one and Trey's mom had just passed away. To think back now to that time, I don't know how we managed another change to our lives. What a long time for all of us to get this degree!!! Lots of night classes, studying, writing papers and test taking. I think the boys understand the hard work it takes to reach a goal. I know they are glad it's over!!!!

I love you Trey, Mac, Weston, Walker and Mirna. Thanks just aren't enough.


Waiting my turn to be hooded.

The dean making me laugh.

Shaking hands with President Hudson.

Officially done!
Pure happiness!

Our family. We did this together!
Virginia, me, Michelle and Vicki

My beautiful Mom, Mimi, Auntie & Lisa
I love these women!!

My Daddy & Me!!! Love you

Kim & Debbie
These were my mentors when I started
teaching in Goliad. Great teachers
and great friends!

Kim, Lana, me, Wendy & Ronda

Good friends I've known since I met Trey

Yes, I realize it. This cake is huge.
But it is SO CUTE!!!!!


WhoooooHoooo!!!!! I'm DONE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Con-grat-u-lations! That is a huge accomplishment!
    I love the cake too!!

    ReplyDelete