Sunday, January 17, 2010

Assorted

We have been all ahead full steam since the new year. What's new?! The years are starting to run together. Anyway, since my last post we have celebrated my grandmother's (aka Mirna) 78th birthday. The guys and I let her choose where she would like to eat for the evening. In true Mirna fashion, she asked the boys where they would like to eat. Anytime there is a discussion about where to eat in G-town the vote usually goes something like this:

Weston: "I want Wanda's" (Mexican food---his favorite)
Mac: "No, I want to go to Weesatche" (you know that place, our favorite Friday night spot)
Walker: "Why do we have to go somewhere? It will take forever! Let's stay home, okay guys."

We ended up going to Weesatche with a little persuasion of the voting. The food was great and Mirna got a HUGE slice of carrot cake for the traditional birthday celebration. Love you Mirna!!
May this year bring you much much happiness!

Yes, the building is old. No, it is not leaning.
For some reason they all leaned to the left. Ha!

It was Mrs. Lala's class to lead the pledges over morning announcements this week and Walker was S-O excited. He told Trey at breakfast on Wednesday morning, "Dad we have to hurry. I don't want to be late or I won't get my turn to do pledges." That boy was itching to talk on the intercom. I can't imagine why. He hates to talk on a microphone. Ha! I made sure to get pictures of the big event. You can tell from the smile on his face he was eating it up!

Waiting his turn.

Walker spoke last, so he got to tell everyone to
"rise for the pledges".


Today our 4-H club sponsored a stew lunch to raise money for our Relay for Life team. It was a great success. The kids helped a little and played alot, especially climbing a big oak tree. Fun, fun memories! Weston looked so sweet I couldn't pass up this photo opp!

My little "sweet cheeks"


No school for us tomorrow! The boys and I will be looking for basketball shoes. Yes, it's already that time of year again! Didn't I just blog about that not too long ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment