Saturday, January 31, 2009

Basketball is in the Air

Today was the big boy's first basketball game of the season. We started the morning off with a quick trip to Victoria for new basketball shoes (and a couple of pellet guns.....go figure). Mac's foot is huge!! He is wearing a mens 10! Weston's shoe size also increased since before Christmas. We welcome any and all hand-me-downs! The boys are going to eat out of house and home and then some. And we loooove it!

Both teams came home with wins. Mac's team really came on strong in the second half. Mac made 4 points and played some good defense. I love to see how happy and excited he gets when any of his teammates score. Weston scored 2 points and is beginning to grasp the concept of the game better. I love that our little town offers kids the opportunity to play organized sports and with such good attitudes. Trey reminded his team that they are here to have fun first. And Mac's coaches are fun to play for! Here are a couple of pics for today's events.

Yes, Mac is the tallest on his team and was taller than the sixth graders they were playing against. In case you can't tell, he is #5.



Coach Trey and Coach Kevin are pumping up their team for the game. Can't you tell we are in Goliad? Trey's coaching attire is also his cattle working attire, and Kevin was going fishing after the game!

The maroon team defeated the burnt orange team. All is right in the world (ha).


And while the boys showed their skill at basketball, Walker rocked out on Guitar Hero. This kid can play!!! Someone finally got the musical gene. His favorite songs are Slow Ride, Mississippi Queen, School's Out for Summer and Eye of the Tiger. I love to watch him. He totally jams out, makes faces, moves around and sings along. Soooo much fun!

There is something about the above picture that reminds me of my uncle Andy. I think it's the way he is holding the guitar.



And here comes my favorite picture of all! This one definitely reminds me of my dad.








I hope everyone one has a great weekend and week ahead.

Rock on!!!!

Karie

2 comments:

  1. Karie April has a blog! How exciting! You need to update it, tho...

    ReplyDelete