Friday, January 2, 2009

First Blog

So here it goes. My first blog entry. I have been reading several blogs for quite a while and decided to take the plunge. Luckily, my sister-in-law, Leanna from Hudsmom, is here for our family Christmas, and has easily and quickly helped me figure my way around. Thanks Lee!

Here is a bit about myself in case you are new to my background. I'm Karie, wife to Trey. We have three great boys. Mac is 11, Weston is 8 and Walker who is 4.


I am in my first year as counselor at our local Elementary and Intermediate school, and I am on the down hill side of finishing up my master's degree in counseling. My husband is the local banker and a rancher who is very active in our historic community of Goliad.

Mac is just like his dad is soooo many ways. He loves cattle, football and staying busy and is good at math and sports. They even look alike and have the same disposition.


Weston is my free spirit. He smiles most of the time, loves to watch movies and cuddle, is inquisitive and quite the entertainer.


Walker is the baby and although he will be five this year, he will always be my baby. He truly makes us smile all of the time. He is smart, quite the singer and makes the best funny faces.

We also have a very special lady living with us. My grandmother moved in with us several years ago. The boys call her Mirna, but that is not her name. Mac assigned this name to her and would argue with anyone who tried to call her Grandma. She is a Godsend and we cherish the memories we are making with her here in our home.

So that is a little bit about our family, the W Five. I guess I should call it the W six but one of us is not a W. Mirna's last name starts with P.

Hope you enjoy catching up with us as we move down the road of life. My Three Sons keep us very busy and bring about challenges and blessings we could never have imagined. We are a healthy family with lots to be thankful for.

Talk to you soon!
Karie

1 comment:

  1. Alright! I love it. I am so glad to be able to keep up with you this way. Thanks for the reading suggestions too. The last book I read was Debbie Macomber, 20 Wishes. Hae you read that one?

    ReplyDelete