Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Busy Week, I mean 2 weeks


So I must have been too busy to blog, right! Fact is I started this last Friday, hence the date, but didn't have time to finish it until tonight (Jan 15). Wow two weeks sure have flown by fast in the new year. I hope the remaining days decide to slow down or I'll meet myself coming and going.

Last week brought about celebrating two family birthdays. January 6 was Mirna's 77th birthday. We made her a special fajita dinner and brownies for dessert. She opened gifts from the boys (a family & friends picture frame and a new coffee mug). She got several cards and phone calls including one from her brother in South Carolina. Happy birthday Mirn....you're so special to us!

Friday was Aunt Leanna's birthday. We couldn't celebrate with her since she is in Dallas, but we wished her a happy birthday with a phone call. Hope you had a great day, Lee!

Back to school was pretty routine. Last weekend the big guys were in Three Rivers for a father- son weekend with a group of friends. They were roughing it, if you can call Rangers, 4 wheelers and plenty of food roughing it. It got pretty cold. The norther blew in about 8:00 Sat. morning. I didn't pack anything warm for the boys. Bad mom, not prepared! Trey always tells me less is more, but that didn't work this time. Apparently Mac is fearless. One of the hunting dogs had a hog cornered and Mac reached right done and grabbed the hog's back legs. Trey said the hog was over 150 pounds. When I asked Mac about this (and Trey thought it was a really BIG deal) he just said, "Yeah. It wasn't any big deal, Mom." Man of few words. He is also a good hog "catcher" since last year at the fair he caught a greased pig for $50!!!

Walker will be big enough next year to attend, so instead he and I played the Wii. He is so much fun. His funny saying right now is "Mom, what is better that 24?" and then in a funny voice he says "25" and then busts out laughing. He totally cracks himself up.

This week was busy with meetings and basketball. 4-H was first on the list. Mac and Weston are both in the Weesatche club and Mac is secretary. He gave a short talk this month about the commercial heifer project. I am very proud of how far he has come through his involvement in 4-H. He is no longer embarrassed to stand up and speak to a group. 4-H is such a GREAT thing!!



I am the luminary chair for the Goliad Relay for Life and we met Mon. night. To all my family out there reading this, you need to sign up!!! Our team, Oma's Army, walks in memory of my mother-in-law who passed away 3 1/2 years ago. This year's event is April 4 & 5. Trey had school board meeting, fair board meeting and I had a women's church meeting. The big boys had basketball tryouts Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Trey is coaching Weston's team and Mac is pumped to be on the team with his buds. This is a great sport. It lasts 5 weeks and practice is only once a week AND we don't have to travel like we did in football.

TAGGED
OK Leanna, here is my fourth photo folder and the fourth picture in it or something like that.


This was taken November 2007. My mom's family gets together at a place called Utopia on the river for a mini family reunion each year. At last count there are 39 Hedgpeth members including my grandmother who is 87 (I think!) and 12 great-grandkids. We pretty much take over the entire bed and breakfast for a weekend. It is the one time we get to see some of our extended family. The kids in the picture are all of the offspring in my generation, plus my youngest cousins who are 16 & 14. The kids draw names and exchange gifts because we most likely don't see each other at Christmas. This is such a great time! My kids are getting to know cousins they do not see but once a year, and it is a special way to keep my mom's family connected. Can't wait for this year. Hope the Dallas and Missouri bunches get to come this time.

Ok, so two weeks away means an extremely long post. I promise I'll do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment