Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mixed Emotions

Some very sad news came on Friday morning. Our very special friend to our family, Mary, lost her son Andrew. He was hit by a car walking home early Friday morning. I am not certain of Andrew's age, but I know he was about 20 years old. This is so very sad. Mary is my dad's special friend. Please pray for her, her family and also for my dad as they grieve. This came as such a shock. Trying to understand any accident is useless, but the questions always come to mind. I just can't imagine what Mary is going through. It is a parent's worst nightmare.

I also ask that you visit Kelly's Korner and pray for her new baby girl, Harper. She is making improvements the last time I read, but they still need your prayers.


How do I now move on to the other side of things....? Such is life. There are happy times mixed with sad times and we have to deal with those "mixed emotions." Then, something comes along and reminds you that you are to live life to the fullest no matter how long you are here. I usually get this reminder from my kids. Thank you's and unexpected hugs do the trick for me, not to mention an email or phone call from Trey that comes from nowhere and was just what I needed to hear. I also have some great friends. When Dad called me Friday I knew I needed to tell my friends who know Mary. I wanted them to pray for her immediately! Michelle and Wendy showed up in my office almost instantly. God has surrounded me with wonderful family and dear, dear friends. That is what life is about!!

******************

Mac has been feeling puny all week. We went to the doctor Tuesday and he tried school on Thursday, but just felt miserable. Trey took him home at lunch and he was fine by himself until we got home, but I didn't want him to be home alone all day Friday. With Mirna gone for the weekend, and now taking time to stay with my dad, I was in need of some help from my mom, also known as Nana. Mac asked that she come stay with him, and she obliged. Little did I know that her purpose for coming was two-fold! My mom is always there for me and my family. Thanks Mom. I love you!

******************
Leanna has bestowed upon me my first blog award! It was a first for her, too! Congratulations!













To receive this award I have to answer the following questions with only one word.

1. Where is your cell phone? car

2. Where is your significant other? pasture

3. Your hair color? highlighted

4. Your mother? helpful

5. Your father? worried

6. Your favorite thing? relaxing

7. Your dream last night? forgotten

8. Your goal? happiness

9. The room you are in? bedroom

10. Your hobby? reading

11. Your fear? loss

12. Where do you want to be in six years? comfortable

13. Where were you last night? Weser

14. What you are not? organized

15. One of your wish list items? travel

16. Where you grew up? Robstown

17. The last thing you did? disciplined

18. What you are wearing? sweats

19. Your TV? on

20. Your pet? outside

21. Your computer? on

22. Your mood? calm

23. Missing someone? Trey

24. Your car? Excursion

25. Something you are not wearing? jewelry

26. Favorite story? Bible

27. Your Summer? hot

28. Love someone? yes

29. Your favorite color? red

30. When was the last time you laughed? yesterday

31. Last time you cried? Friday

So now I would like to award this to Kate. Your blog is great!


*****************

So tomorrow I start night class again. Only one year left and I'll be done!! I can't wait to receive my master's diploma with my boys watching. I hope that they realize how important education is and that their parents worked hard to earn their degrees.

Off to disciple some more. Got to go!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karrie. I'm so sorry to hear about Andrew. That IS a parents worst nightmare. I will pray for Mary and your dad.
    Nice blog post. I love catching up with you and your fam this way. I appreciate the award. I haven't ever gotten one. I'll take some time tonight to look at it and try to answer the questions. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete