Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hot & Still Getting Hotter!

I have lived in Texas all my life, and never EVER have I experienced a summer as hot as this one. 20+ days of 100 degrees is insane! It is too hot to go outside for more that a few minutes, so we stay indoors which makes for a bit of cabin fever. So really it's just too damn hot inside or outside!

The boys have tried to stay cool this week at swim camp. One of the pools in town hosts a fun week at the pool with games, swim lessons and other fun stuff. I love it cause they get out and stay active and they love it because it's in the water!

Walker is a different kid this year in the pool. He has never liked swimming or being in the water. I had tried a mommy & me class when he was about 16 months. Bad, very bad! But this year is a fish. He loves to dive under and jump off the side. He is not a swimmer yet, but he is so much more comfortable and that makes a huge difference.

The other two are pros. They love the water.





















Weston just got stung by a scorpion for the first time. Poor Weston! I don't know what that feels like and hopefully never will. But all three kids have now been stung here at the house. These are horrible little creatures that pack a huge punch. Weston let out this awful scream and I immediately knew what happened. Thank goodness I have some topical pain killer for stings. I also gave him some benadryl and tylenol to help with the pain and any reaction possibilities. He just said his tongue is feeling funny. That happened to Trey the last time he was stung. Hopefully the benadryl will help with this. I understand that scorpions are bad in our area because of the live oak trees. I didn't grow up with these kinds of bugs. Knock on wood, but they haven't been as bad this summer as in the past. However, we just started clearing brush today. I hope that doesn't stir them up to our house!!!!

We have big plans this Saturday. I wouldn't call them fun plans, but nonetheless, the activity is huge. I'll tell ya about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment