Sunday, July 5, 2009

We're Still Here


So much to do and no time to blog! That is my excuse this month anyway. So here is the the scoop in words and pictures from the last two and a half months.

Mother's Day was exciting for me. Trey always makes me feel very special on this day. I got flowers at school on Friday, some clothes and beads for my Pandora bracelet. Then came the big surprise. I have been wanting a new cell phone since October when my friend Michelle and I went to New York City. Her iphone got us all over the city with no problems. Well......Saturday morning Trey got up and said he was going to make the rounds and check the cattle. I didn't think anything of that since that is the normal routine. The sneak actually went to Victoria and and bought me an iphone!!!! I was so shocked I jumped up and down on the bed and screamed. I am now a proud owner and an addicted user!!! I love my new phone! Thanks, honey.


The next weekend was Walker's 5th birthday. Of course we had to have a Guitar Hero theme party. As you may remember, Walker is a GH fool. I can't believe my baby boy with me in kindergarten next year. He is such a joy and makes us ALL smile. He loves to sing, play on the computer, and is the next family DJ. That boy knows what song is on what CD and what number. He can also pick up the words to a song after hearing it two or three times. That is amazing to me! Walker likes to go check the cows with dad and take rides on the Ranger or mule. He is a good boy and we l-o-v-e love him more everyday.























For Memorial weekend the familia headed to Dallas to visit my brother and SIL and nephew. They have a new beautiful home with so much room. We all enjoyed spending time together and saw two movies, Star Trek and Angels & Demons, both very good. The boys had fun with Hudson and played football all weekend in the backyard.



The end of the school year was super busy as usual. The boys had lots of field trips and fun including Weston's grade going bowling and watching the principal kiss a pig because their TAKS scores were so good. Weston also made his First Communion.


Then Walker graduated from nursery school. He was too cute and did a great job singing and leading the class in a Spanish song. Yes, that's right, our boy can speak Spanish. He is the brains in the family.


June has been super busy. The boys have been to every camp they can possibly go to. Right after school got out, we took Mac to Aggieland for A&M Football camp. He had a great time and said he wished it would have lasted longer. Staying in the Corps dorms was a new experience for him. The day we dropped Mac off, Trey accidentally ran into an old college buddy, Steve. He also has a son Mac's age. What a coincidence. When we picked up Mac and his friend Zach, we took them to eat lunch at the Dixie Chicken, Northgate's #1 destination where Trey and his old college buddies had many a good time. They got a Freddy burger and played pool.

Between sports camps here at the local high school, Mac and Weston went to a hunting camp around Columbus for a whole week. A few other friends went with them. They had a great time and it was a good experience for them to be somewhat on their own without mom and dad. Whie they were at camp, Walker went to vacation bible school where he showed his singing skills for everyone during the program. What a performer!

Trey & I managed to get away for a nice vacation. We have been to Las Vegas three times now. Trey actually played in a WSOP event and placed in the money. He had a blast and was so excited! We went with some family and met up with his other cousin, Susan and husband Jeff. While Trey played cards, I relaxed and treated myself to some time at the spa. We also enjoyed Penn & Teller and some good food. We really needed that vacation!













Ok, that should get you up to speed. Hopefully between the plans we have for the rest of the summer and my summer school classes, I'll make another post soon.

1 comment: