Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mini Vacation

We loaded up the truck and we headed to San Antonio for a mini vacation. After our hotel check in, we navigated to Bass Pro Shop (thanks to my wonderful iphone). We oohed and aahed over all the massive deer, elk and other game that lines the walls. The younger two boys each got a new pair of shoes and the older two boys (I'm including dad) got something for themselves as well. Mac's was a new backpack and Trey's was a new seat cover for his truck. Me, I got nothing. I didn't need anything anyway.
Then we ate at Joe's. Mac was feeling crabby.


Weston and Walker had pizza....I know, why would they have pizza at a seafood place? Trey and I had a great margarita and then we all enjoyed dessert.
Walker got to make his own ice cream sandwich.












Weston didn't want to share his massive
Turtle Sundae with any of us!!!











Then it was hit the sack time for a big day was coming.

We got up early and had a great breakfast then drove quickly to our day full of fun.....SEA WORLD!!!













Yes, it was blazingly hot, but we watched lots of shows, walked lots and lots and enjoyed the water park, too. Mac rode his first adult roller coaster. Let's just say, if a picture could tell a story, Mac's picture would talk about total fear!! Oh my gosh, did we laugh and laugh when we saw the picture of he and I on the roller coaster. I do think, though, that I made a roller coaster rider out of him finally!!!!

Walker also rode his first roller coaster, the Shamu Express, and he loved it.


Weston's favorite part of Sea World was the Sea Lion show and the Pirate Show.



After a long day, we enjoyed pizza in the hotel room and long hot showers!!!

Today, we stopped on the way home at a Put Put golf place. 4 out of 5 of us hit a hole-in-one!!!! It was HOT again today and no breeze. Now we are enjoying and appreciating our wonderful home and the cool air conditioner!!!

What a great weekend. I love my guys!!!!


Here are some more pictures!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment