Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer Clean Out

This is what I was eluding to the other day. My SIL in town let us invade her carport for a yard sale on Saturday. We have been slowly but steadily cleaning out rooms of the house for about a month. Soon we should have some work finished in the kitchen that I hope will really open it up and make it function better when we have get-togethers here. Our clean out started in the kitchen and spread to the play room, boys closet and my closet. The results are below.



And again....



Not everything was from my house, but I would say about 98% of it was. SUPER SCARY that all of this "treasure" was in two rooms and two closets at my house. Oh, wait!! I forgot that we cleaned out the barn as well. LOTS of stuff from there too!!! I can't tell you how good it feels to purge this stuff. And the best part....


This is what it looked like when we were done. The boxes and bag in the middle are all that is left and they are being donated. It was great not to have to haul too many left overs to another town. A local man came and cleaned us out!!! We boxed up what was left and he hauled it off. I don't know what he does with it, but I don't care! It is out of my house and hopefully making someone else happy.

It was a long, hot, humid, successful day that I don't plan to do again anytime soon.

1 comment: